Sunday, 5 June 2011

Quotes of the week - Michael O'Leary

An interview with Michael O'Leary, chief executive of Ryanair is guaranteed to offer some unusual insights, here a just a few snippets from the past week.

On charging passengers to use the toilet: 'I would if I could. My average flight takes an hour - I don't need three toilets. We're asking Boeing to take out two toilets and add six extra seats. It's not about making money - we've offered to give the cash to an incontinence charity or something.'

On his future with Ryanair: 'In the next two or three years I'll be gone but it's the most fun you can have with your clothes on. And I'm getting too old to have fun with my clothes off.'

On the myth of air travel: 'For 50 years the airlines have been telling people that flying is some super sexual experience and is more complicated than brain surgery. We've been blowing up that bull for 20 years. It's no different from a bus or a train.'

If you do go Mr. O'Leary, you will be missed in a few ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment